*Whether you’re an avid concert goer or festival guru of any sort this post is for you🦄
You guys!!!! I have been waiting patiently since last fall when the Rock On The Range Lineup was announced for today🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽
3 days jam packed with over 50 bands on three different stages (they have a comedy tent too with multiple comedians but come on, who goes for that?) from 11am-11pm or later. We leave as soon as my fiancé gets off work and I’m beyond ecstatic at this point.
Anyways, I legit digress as always but as an avid concert goer that’s been going to 1-3 rock festivals a year for the past 9 years (hard to believe it’s been that freaking long) and that’s not including all of the shows and concerts we see in between those, it can take it’s toll on your body.
Above is ROTR circa 2013, back when it was Columbus Crew Stadium.
While I love every single second of the loud music, crowd bangers, moshing, circle pits, crowd surfers, etc, at the end of the day you can feel like you’ve been hit by a Big Mac truck.
While it’s all worth it, I wish I had had some of these oily essentials years ago. It would have saved me some “holy shit, I may be getting to old for this” moments.
1) Young Living Thieves Hand Purifier- Lord knows I am not about that porter potty life. I have a hard enough time going into a clean looking, guzzied up truck stop to use the ladies room on an 18 hour road trip to a Miami Beach, please don’t get me started on porter potties. Needless to say, I buy the big bottles typically so I can refill the small bottle(s) seen below for easy carrying. So much healthier than your standard hand sanitizer. As we all know anything with fragrance has formaldehyde in it (look that up, it’s awful for our bodies and the environment) but also check out triclosan, it’s been around for years in sanitizers, body washes, etc. I just have one word for that. NOPE.
2) Young Living Digize-Amazeballs for all things digestion. We use this oil daily in our house due to all the spicy food we like so you know we’re bringing this bad boy every where we go.
Spicy food getting you🌶. Digize.
Upset bowels🚽. Digize.
Need to be regular🚽. Digize.
Need to be less regular🚽. Digize.
Ultimate hangover cure🍻. Digize.
Grab that bad boy out of your starter kit and roll it on your tummy, the inside arch of your foot (vitaplex point) or if your brave put a drop under your tongue 👅 so it makes a difference faster. Made up of peppermint, fennel, tarragon, ginger, juniper, lemongrass, patchouli and anise it will get the job done✅
3) Young Living Breathe Again- It does exactly what it’s name says: helps you breathe again. Now I will preface this by saying that if you’re new to Young Living, just getting your starter kit you can do LLPC (10 drops each of lemon, lavender, peppermint and copaiba topped with carrier oil in a 10ml roller bottle and that will work wonders for you)
Over the years though, my body has decided to react to all the dust and dirt a little more than I’d like to at a festival and that’s when this comes in. Formulated with four different eucalyptus oils, peppermint, myrtle and a few others it opens me right up, if you catch my drift.
4) Young Living Cool Azul Sports Gel- Plant-based and all-natural like the rest of Young Living’s line, icy-hot don’t have jack squat on this. Standing on your feet 12 hours a day minimal rest for 3 day in a row can take its toll and that’s where this comes in. I love putting this on my lower back for support, great for all muscle and joint support as well.
5) Young Living Seedlings Baby Wipes- While they’ve been formulated gently for babies, plant based and all-natural, these are on my monthly ER order, legit every month. $8.75 for a 72 count of these. Y’all I’m embarrassed of how much I used to spend on make up wipes.. $5.50 at ultra for a 25 pack every time I turned around and they were awful for my skin and I didn’t even know it. Full of fragrance and synthetic materials👀 knowing better is doing better though. I use these on the go, they’re in my car, in our house, in my travel bag. Great for small clean ups, pet paws, your hands and feet in a jiffy, after you work out, in this case as you’ve had a ton of crowd surfers go around your head and body all day. Whatever the cause they’re perfect and they’re for everyone.
6) Young Living Mineral Sunscreen- Because have you looked at what’s in sunscreen (I was honestly astounded 😳) there’s a safer way though with this.
Some notes on this:
• mineral based
• no nanoparticles
• water resistant and sweat resistant for 80 minutes
• dermatologist approved
• contains essential oils (helichrysum, lavender, Northern Lights black spruce, ylang ylang, myrrh, carrot seed, German chamomile, and frankincense)
• SPF 10
• broad spectrum
• has been tested and shown safe for use with babies and children older than 6 months
• no wheat-derived ingredients used in the product formulation
Some notes about this sunscreen:
📌Some people have been concerned about the fact that there is “only” an SPF of 10. 👉🏻 SPF of 10 means you can stay out in the sun ten times longer without burning than you could if you did not have any sun protection on so unless you burn within just a few minutes of going outside, you are still getting several hours of sun protection! Most people need to reapply every couple of hours anyway because of swimming, sweat, clothes rubbing the sunscreen off, etc. so you’d probably need to reapply for those reasons before the effectiveness wore off. I also encourage you to read this article about why high SPFs aren’t necessarily better.
📌It goes on white but rubs in very quickly (unlike some other non-nano zinc oxide based sunscreens that go on very thick and white, like the Badger Balm many people have used before).
Read this 👉🏻 Summertime Safety, The Risk of Nanoparticles: https://bit.ly/2qt60W0
7) Young Living Insect Repellent-
For all the outside annoyances if you catch my drift.
The suggested product claims for Insect Repellent are:
• Clinically proven to repel mosquitoes and prevent bug bites
• Repels insects naturally with 99 percent active ingredients, plus 1 percent vitamin E
• Formulated with essential oils traditionally recommended for their bug-repellent properties
• Made with 100 percent naturally derived, plant based ingredients
• Formulated without DEET, parabens, fillers, phthalates, petrochemicals, animal-derived ingredients, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic colorants
• Rubs easily into skin without a greasy or sticky finish
• Dermatologist tested and hypoallergenic
• Pure, gentle formula free from harsh chemicals
• Appropriate for use on children
8) Young Living Raindrop Technique- Now y’all might think I’m being a little extra with this but I wish I had known about this years ago also. One every two weeks joe and I will do this on one another. It takes some time but the benefits are 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽 perfect for tight muscles, all the tenseness that can be caused by being at a festival whether all day or all weekend. I’m not 100% sure we will need it, but I’m bringing it just in case I need something more than the sports gel mentioned above.
🦄All of these products can be found in the link below. Already a Young Living member, log in to your account and you can place a Quick Order or put these items on your Essential Rewards (monthly wellness box) order as well.
*Remember I’m not a doctor, this is from my own experience but I can’t prevent, treat, diagnose or cure you though. This is all for education purposes only🌿