You’ve gotten your Young Living Premium Starter Kit in the mail and now what? You’ve been on Pinterest, looking at DIYs and you’re ready to dig in but where should you start?? Below is some of the top essentials that I found helpful and in some cases absolutely necessary to go with my psk.
1) Carrier Oils. – This was the first thing I invested in outside of the starter kit. Carrier oils should be cold pressed & organic. Fractionated Coconut Oil, JoJoba Oil, Avocado oil, Hempseed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Young Living V-6 carrier oil etc are some examples of carrier oils. Below is a chart based on your skin type that will help you decide which will be best for you.
They are great to dilute the essential oil before applying it to your skin. They are perfect for the larger areas you need to apply the essential oil more liberally without wasting it. They don’t lose potency with a carrier oil, for the carrier oil serves as a base and will help you make your essential oils go farther. Below are a few of my daily go-to favorites.
2) Roller Bottles. These are great for everyday blends and as mentioned above, perfect for stretching the life of your oils when you want to apply them to larger areas more liberally. I carry multiple blends with me daily depending on my needs. On any given day I have everything from Let It Go (Stress Away blend), Blend of Thieves (Thieves, Lemon, Peppermint, Copaiba- all for immune support), Breathe Away (Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint), Tummy Tamer (Digize), etc.
Below is one of the first sets I bought. It came with everything I needed to get started: rollers, labels, an opener to get the roller balls on and off easily, and a couple funnels to keep it mess/waste free. Also it came with the metal roller balls which is so important because they hold up better than the plastic roller fitments (I’ve tried both by accident when reordering roller bottles to hand out to friends & family).
Essential Oil Roller Bottles 10ml ( Amber, Glass, 12pack, 3 Extra Roller Balls，24 Pieces Labels, Opener, 2 Funnels by PrettyCare ) Roller Balls For Essential Oils, Roll on Bottles
3) Roller Fitments. Remember that little roller fitment that came in your starter kit?? Young Living sells those in packs of ten. Now, it was probably 3-4 weeks before I ran out of my first oil (Purification and then Lavender right after), hence I bought the roller bottles above. As you run out though, you can put them on your go-to bottles of oil (like Stress Away) for an easier and quick application or you can recycle your used Essential Oil bottles and create your own blends in your own personal roller bottle.
4) Castile Soap. I have two favorites in regards to brands of castile soap: Dr. Natural Unscented Baby Castile Soap, 32 Ounce and Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap – Baby Unscented 32oz. There are a ton of different scents but I prefer to make my own with the oils. I use castile soap as a main component in my diy body wash, shampoo, hand soaps and so much more. Check out my DIY section for ongoing ideas that you can use or adapt into your own.
5) Witch Hazel. When I make my DIY air freshners, car freshners and my blemish spray for my face, I take a 2 oz glass spray bottle use the essential oil of my choosing (purification or lemongrass normally for my car/air freshners and tea-tree and lavender for my blemish spray- for examples), a pinch of salt and then top with Thayers Alcohol-free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner (12-oz.)
6) Spray Bottles. The large Glass Spray Bottles Empty Blue Glass Spray Bottle – Large 16 oz Refillable Container for Essential Oils, Cleaning Products, or Aromatherapy – Black Trigger Sprayer w/ Mist and Stream Settings – 2 Pack are perfection for your Thieves Cleaner and other DIY cleaners. Smaller ones are perfect for room sprays as I mentioned above Vivaplex 2 oz Glass Bottles, with Black Fine Mist Sprayers, Cobalt Blue, 12-Count These are not only reusable for your home (both large and small), but they are great for gift giving at birthdays, Christmas, bridal showers etc. Who wouldn’t love a sweet and thoughtful DIY as a gift?
7) Oily Storage. Now that you’ve got an array of oils to choose from and if you’re like me, ever expanding, you’ll need somewhere to store those bad boys.
The rack above is one of my favorite racks that I have hanging up in our zen room. Amazon and Etsy are great places to find other metal racks or wooden shelves.
On the go, Essential Oil Carrying Case -Fits TEN 15ml Bottles – (Can hold 10ml, 10ml Rollers, & 5ml) Travel Bag is one of my favorites.
8) Foaming Soap Dispensers– Buy a pack and put one at every sink in your home. Making your own hand soap is fun, quick, easy and free from all the parabens, synthetic dyes and harsh chemicals. Also great again for gift giving- that’s a win-win.
8 Pack,8.5 oz 250ml Foaming Liquid Soap Containers,Foaming Soap Dispensers,BPA Free Refillable Soap Bottles with Pump,Use to Store Homemade Liquid Soap,Dish Soap,Body Wash and More
Personally I love gifting the ones above/using them in our kitchen and bathrooms. For our body washes and shampoos I use Cobalt Blue Glass Boston Round Bottles with Stainless Steel Pumps, Great for Essential Oils, Lotions and Liquid Soap, 8 oz., Pack of 2
9) Epsom Salt. Epsom Salt baths are stellar for your health and also help replenish the magnesium levels in your body. Add essential oils to that and it doubles the wellness benefits. I buy the unscented and add my own Young Living Essential Oils in. Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt Soaking Solution, Pure Unscented, 3 Count – 6lb Bags, 18lbs Total
I like buying in the bulk because these are also amazing for gift giving. Lavender for sleep support, Panaway for joint and muscle support, Eucalyptus for that morning pick me up or even to open you up if the seasons changing is hitting you hard, etc.
10) Wool Dryer Balls. These are a great and natural replacement to dryer sheets (the flagrance is filled with formaldehyde-google that) and they last forever so I am told. Throw in all 6 balls in the dryer, not only will they cut your drying time in half, but also help prevent static. They’ll also naturally scent your clothes with the help of your Young Living Essential Oils. A couple personal favorites of mine are Purification or Lemongrass (Lemongrass is in Purification by the way, with other essential oil goodness).
🌿There are tons of extras out there to help aid you in getting started on or continuing your oily journey, but these have been the ones that helped me most in getting started.
*Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor and cannot treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any ailments. This is for education purposes only.